Tuesday, July 01, 2014

The Bee and the Flowers

I know I've been pretty vague about what I'm working on sewing wise at the moment (see here and here if you don't know what I'm talking about) because they are going to be Christmas presents for some friends, but I'm way too excited not to share the latest in this adventure. The final product will have nine interactive squares, and last night, I finished the last of the nine.


This was certainly the most fiddly of all the squares (probably why it was left until last). I've really gotten to know that blanket stitch on Sally the Sewing Machine very well over the last few nights. It all looks pretty standard to start with; flowers, bee hive, boring right? But then notice the rings! And look - from that bee hive, comes a bee!


And the bee goes to the flowers!


And gets nectar from all of them! Good work Mr Bee!


Yes, I know the bee in these pictures seems to be lacking stripes. I'm being lazy and I couldn't be bothered sew them on. Give me a break, I gave birth to a child last week! I drew the stripes on with a sharpie (after these photos were taken, sorry people. You get the idea though, I'm sure).

All in all, I'm stoked with how it looks and works. What great lacing practice for some unsuspecting child! They think they are playing with a bee and some flowers, but really, they are working out those fine motor skills! Yeah for learning!

No comments: