Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Waiting Progress

Waiting is hard. Very hard. Made harder possibly by well meaning people who keep asking if I'm ok, or if the baby is here yet. No to both of these things people. I don't want to send out angry "please leave me alone" text messages, but isn't it common sense that when the baby arrives and we are well enough to tell people that we actually will? Do people really believe we'd just sit on that happy news for a week or two before we'd tell anyone?

Before I get carried away (and possibly have a cry here at my computer), I'll let that go. There is no baby yet. I'm waiting too. Don't remind me. Enough said.

While waiting, I've been working on some things that will come together to be Christmas presents for some friends of ours as well as for Sophie and bub-number-two. I don't want to give too much away, but as the gifts are made up of (lots of) little parts, I figured it'd be ok to work on them in the coming months because I could do a little bit at a time and feel accomplished.


These are not quite done yet, but I finished the hand sewing yesterday (watching Stardust) and I'm pretty proud of them. I got mum to teach me how to Stem Stitch so that there would be a bit of variety in the stitches. It's easy to do, but remembering how to start each time took a while. I'm still really happy with the results. Now to get some thread and blanket stitch around the outside. Maybe Sally the Sewing Machine will help with that, though looking at the curves... maybe it's easier to hand do it.


I did manage to get Sally out this morning and do some other squares, so stay tuned, oh waiting world; I might post tomorrow too!

No comments: