Sunday, August 21, 2016

Sewing Skirts

Feeling much better about life lately has meant a resurgence in sewing! I've actually sewn a few things now that haven't made it to the blog, but hopefully I'll catch up soon. Sophie has been the main benefactor of the sewing spree because summer is coming, and she no longer fits the things I made for her this time last year.

Part of what has made the sudden sewing spree happen was the trip to Reverse Garbage, because along with all the cool things for the rocket, I also picked up some pre-made piping for $2. It was a bargain! So far, it's appeared in two skirts, and I'm hoping to use it again in a skirt for Rachel.


This is the first skirt I made. Just a simple rectangle and then some self drafted pockets with the piping trim. I also put the piping down the side seams for extra colour.


Sophie was pretty hilarious when she was modelling it for me. The material was from a dear friend who was hoping I would get a chance to use it. Yay! I did! I'm really thankful for hand-me-down material, because sewing is an expensive hobby if you have to buy everything yourself. That said, Steve is happy that I'm working through the stash. Slowly but surely, I'll get there.


1 comment:

Ruth said...

The piping really makes that skirt cute! I like it! :)