Thursday, February 11, 2016

Disbelief

I really can't believe I have only posted once this year. It's almost mid February already! Maybe it's a sign that my blogging goal for this year should be drastically decreased to one a month. Maybe.

I have been pretty busy with getting a solid routine for my Family Day Care work, and getting routines down. All kids sleeping right now - win! Must be doing something right. Now that Sophie is three I can actually do cool activities and crafts with her, but it's this really tricky balance of things, because the other kids can't do those things. In fact, the one year old's mostly just like to knock things over and chew them. There is a vast difference in their learning levels.

It's been a challenge but I'm ready for it. I've done a stack of risk assessments, so now I can go out of the house with the kids too. Oh, the freedom. Words can really not express how great it is.

Anyway, I was thinking about having not posted for a while and I realised I hadn't made a cool lunch for the girls in a while either. I've been slack and just making peanut butter sandwiches (cut into train shapes of course), but nothing special.

So this week, I've made lunches!


These were Sophie and Rachel's lunches for Wednesday. Yoghurt, boiled eggs (in car and fish shapes that didn't really work out so great), tomato, flower cut cucumber, olives, watermelon, grapes and star shaped jelly.


The little pick things are so cute! Right? It makes eating fun. 

Anyway, today's lunch was something similar. Yoghurt, grapes, watermelon and peach, boiled eggs (star and heart shapes today, much more successful than yesterday), cucumber (flowers and sticks), tomato and cream cheese sandwiches in little round bite size bits on toothpicks. 


Yesterday's lunches lasted morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea, but today's didn't make it past lunch because we were out at a park and I was running them around to make them tired, I mean, build their healthy appetites. Yes. Lunch was good today. I even made myself lunch too - an egg sandwich. Not cut in any fancy way at all, but delicious none the less. 

No comments: