Friday, August 07, 2015

Finger Painting

Now that Sophie is older, she wants to paint loads more, and now actually has the fine motor skills to give it a good go. Last year I gave her some really basic home made finger paints to play with, but I'd seen this recipe online that I wanted to give a go. It was a little more effort, but made some really great finger paints. Sophie helped, of course, so it was like two activities in one. Bonus!


The consistency is a great balance of thick and smooth. The colours turned out really well too. I was a little unsure how much food colouring to add, but they turned out really nicely. I probably added a little too much, but that's ok, lesson learnt. They live in some hand sanitizer bottles I'd been saving for this very purpose. It makes dishing out the paint really easy. Though, when washing out said hand sanitizer bottles, make sure you don't get any leftover sanitizer on your fingers and then rub your eye by mistake. That burns. 


I think come summer, we will all be finger painting just a little bit more. 

No comments: