Friday, June 05, 2015

Attempting to Stay Current and Attentive

I know I've been pretty terrible at posting lately and I keep using the excuse that I'm writing or I've got kids to look after or whatever. Don't get me wrong, these are all legitimate reasons that I'm not posting, but they are also excuses why I'm not posting. I feel sorry for all those people who do like to read along and are missing out now. I also know that when blogs that I read take a break, I tend to leave too, which means if I want to keep people reading, then I've got to keep posting. Sigh. It's a vicious cycle.

Anyway, this week has been fun and busy, which is the way I like it. Story is going really well everyone. I know it's the rough draft but I am liking where it's going. We've been to play group and prayer and had mothers group. All the usual things. Hugo likes to pull himself up and smile at things. Rachel has just worked out how to climb up onto stools to extend her reach. Sophie says a lot of things with her increasing vocabulary,  but my favourite phrases of the moment are: "Always hungry", "Goodness me!" and "Sometimes that happens".

Today we visited a friend who has a six week old bub. My three were very well behaved (whew). Because we were going to be out and about for most of the morning (my friend lives over the north side), I packed a delicious and nutritious lunch for the girls that I thought I'd share with you here.


They shared all of this and more. There are carrots cut like flowers, cheese sticks, pear and peach fruit, tomato, avocado and ham. They also had some rice crackers and a yoghurt each. Oh, and Sophie had some sultanas. An excellent lunch.

No comments: