Monday, March 09, 2015

Distracted Progress

In an effort to actually finish something before I start the next project, I sat down and did some hand sewing today. Yep, Sally is at the shop getting serviced, and in her absence, I resort to hand sewing to get things done. Admittedly, it worked rather well given the way both of my children decided to rebel against their usual sleep patterns, because I could do it while they played and crawled over my work. There are some positives. 

I just have the final binding to do and then I'll be able to brag about what I've been doing for the world to see. Nearly there!

In other news, Sophie's toilet training is still progressing very slowly. It really makes me reflect on our relationship with God actually. I mean, she knows when she needs to use the toilet. Sometimes she'll even declare it openly. But then, when questioned for confirmation, will resolutely say "No".  I was commenting to Steve about how I just wish I could trust her. I wish she would tell me the truth. I don't mind if she's made a mistake, I just want honesty. 

Isn't it the same with us and God?  He loves us so unquestioningly, and wants a great relationship with us. He is always telling us the truth. Yet we often reply with white lies and miscommunication. Or we just don't share what we are going through at all. 

I am humbled again and again by God's great love for us. 

This is not a very eloquent post, I fear (possibly because I type it in the five minutes that the girls are both sleeping and I do so dreading the imminent sound of Sophie waking up), but it's what I've got. 

God loves us. Dwell on that.  

No comments: