Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Less than Fabulous

Less than fabulous really sums up for me the last few months of my life. Many wonderful things have happened, a few sad things too, but thought it all, I've just been feeling less than fabulous. While the rest of the world is getting on just fine, I'm struggling to be positive and get through each day. There is no way of pinpointing a start to all this, or way of saying exactly when it all began. It crept up on me like Simba learning to pounce.

Though I struggle with a bit of depression every now and then, what I'm currently going through is much more extended, and so far, much harder to come out of. I don't want to be quoting Joyce Meyer,  but I'm really feeling like my mind is the battle field that I'm fighting on every day. The smallest thing can make me think it's all over and there is no point to going on. I know this is not true, and try to counter strike, but it's a tough fight.

This is probably the reason I've been posting with much less frequency of late; come 7:00 when the kids are finally in bed, I'm not only physically, but also mentally and emotionally exhausted. For the record, I'm not trying to hide how I'm feeling for the sake of "putting on a good face". I know I'm supported and prayed for by many of the stellar people in my life. I know that God is good.

This is where I am though; at less than fabulous.

So if you're still with me, oh people of the internet, hang in there. One day, fabulous will be back. It's jut not here right now.

No comments: