Monday, October 06, 2014

Creative Moment

A while ago, I saw this creative idea on the internet somewhere and decided I'd give it a go. I feel bad that I don't know where it was that I saw this, because the idea was not mine at all. All you need is a stack of the snap lids from baby-wipes packs and some photos. 


I glued the photos behind the snap lids and then stuck them to a big bit of cardboard I had lying around. They looked pretty ordinary so I stuck some scrap material on top. Sadly the glue that I used didn't really hold the material too well, but that's ok.

Sophie has a great time looking for different family members and can now recognize all of them, even the family she doesn't see too often, which is really good when they come to visit. From a teaching perspective, it's also great for her gross/fine motor skills too, as she snaps the lids open and shut. Sometimes I have to remember that not everything is teaching. :P

Heck yeah for another great toy that cost about $2.50, which was the expensive price of printing those photos.

No comments: