Sunday, October 19, 2014

Birthday Present Revealed!

I know I have yet to post about just what has consumed our lives over the last four weeks, but I'm still getting to that. Honestly I feel like it will never be done, and that I've got a stack of other things that I should be doing as well, though they really should wait until after the big thing I'm supposed to be doing, because that's more important. Steve tells me I've overcommitted myself with the number of "on the go" projects I've got. Maybe, but I still say I might have gotten them all done had we not had some unforeseen delays with the biggest one, and associated sickness.

The sickness that now plagues our house has meant that I'm staying home from church tonight with the girls and thus have time to post this. Steve leaves telling me to rest. Pish! Today is my Dad's birthday, and back in February I posted about working on his birthday present. At last I can now show you just what it is!


My parents love to entertain, and use their outdoor area to great effect when doing so. They have a trolley that Mum usually puts the drinks on, though Dad is in charge of seeing everyone has one. Hence why Dad gets this present. It's a towel/cover thing for the top of the drinks trolley.


I actually used an old towel on the back for condensation and spill absorption purposes. The top, which is quilted over, is made from off cuts from my Dad's pants. My Dad is not the tallest person in the world and Mum took up about six pairs of pants in January, handing me the off cuts. I also used two dress shirts Dad passed onto me for a crafty purpose.


I was really happy with how it all turned out. The way that it actually fit on the top of the trolley was very satisfying (unlike Mum's birthday present, but we won't go there). It was also really nice to be able to give it to Dad after it being in the cupboard for so long. That's what happens when you get a little carried away though I guess. :)

No comments: