Monday, September 22, 2014

For Your Amusement

I've spoken before about cleaning the bathroom. It's not a fun job. I'm not sure I know anyone in the world who would say they enjoy it. I've noticed in the last few months that cleaning the shower has gotten harder and harder and yet, despite my sometimes diligent scrubbing, I don't seem to be making much headway in the battle against yucky stains and shower scum.

Thursday night, as I readied myself to clean the bathroom again, I pondered this situation and wondered if I was doing something wrong. I checked the cleaning stuff that I've been using, thinking that maybe there was a secret instruction like "add water", or "leave for half and hour" that I was missing.

I was missing something. Turns out, for the last few months, I've been cleaning the shower with a kitchen cleaner. That's right folks. It may be great on grease and grime in the kitchen, but it does nothing for the shower scum and soap build up on the tiles. That answers a few questions I guess, despite leaving me feeling just a little  bit stupid, and a little disheartened at the wasted effort of scrubbing I've been putting in.

Rest assured, shower cleaner is now on the shopping list, and when I venture forth to acquire it, I will be triple checking the bottle I pick up to ensure it is the right thing.

No comments: