Saturday, September 06, 2014

Felt Food: Strawberries

I feel I should give credit where credit is due when it comes to my sudden foray into the world of felt food. When I googled "Felt Food" the first result was this post at Apartment Therapy. Thank you Google, and thank you Apartment Therapy for going to the effort of listing (and linking) all those felt foods.


There were a number of strawberry tutorials which I did peruse, but pretty much just ended up making it up as I went. They were pretty simple. A little more than a semicircle of red felt, some yellow embroidery thread, stuffing and a scrap of green. Sophie loved these so much she didn't mind waiting for me to sew them (to the point just watching and not grabbing or anything!). And she also helped me to stuff them with the stuffing without eating any of it or running around the house with it! Hooray!


I saved a plastic strawberry container to house these in (which was very hard to photograph) but my estimation skills are a little off and there is space for two more. Maybe next week. I don't think the plastic container will last long anyway, because Sophie can't open it independently and would rather scrunch it up in her hands to listen to the sound than put the strawberries back in. Oh well.

No comments: