Sunday, July 20, 2014

A Different Kind of Bunting

Sophie is the kind of cool kid who wakes up from a big sleep, or a nap, and is not bothered by the fact that she is trapped in her cot. She (so far) has not really been in any rush to get out. No big screams, or calls for mum. I am thankful for this. Instead, she usually just has a little chat to herself.


I noticed some time ago though, that even though we moved all the necessary furniture items to her new room for her, the things that were on the wall in the nursery, didn't move with her. So in Sophie's new room, the walls are actually blank. Very blank. While she's chatting to herself there, all alone in the room, it must be pretty boring with  nothing to look at. I had several ideas about how to fix this, but I finally decided what the room really needed was some bunting. 


I don't really have the time now to be making the intense kind of bunting I'm prone to making, but I whipped this stuff up out of some felt and it now decorates Sophie's room nicely. It makes the room just that little bit more fun. 


No comments: