Monday, June 02, 2014

Coming Clean

I write stories.

Woah, it was even hard to write that sentence,  but it's true. I've been writing stories for over ten years now. I might even consider myself to be a writer. I don't know what makes it hard to admit to, or talk about, but for some reason, I feel that writing isn't something that is openly discussed (if it's a thing you do for fun anyway).

Maybe because everyone can read, and thus, everyone could be your biggest critic. Maybe because writing can often be personal, and you don't actually want people to know what you think about things. I certainly know that when I write stories, I want what I believe to come across to the reader.

In any case, I've decided to come clean with the world and let you people know that yes, I do write stories. I have finished stories that I'm proud of. I have stories that I put a lot of work into, and that many people have spent time giving me feed back on and editing.

I tell you this because my goal is soon to publish these stories. To take them from being something I do when I'm creative (or angry at something I've just read that was badly written), or when I'm bored, and put them out into the world for everyone to enjoy.

I don't mind if not everyone loves them. In fact, I'm kind of expecting some people to say all sorts of things from: "This is not something I'd read" to "Your writing is terrible". But I'm ok with that. Because at the end of the day, I'm happy with my stories. The good guys win, the bad guys loose and while in real life not everything works out wonderfully, if you read my stories, just for a moment, they do.

No comments: