Sunday, January 05, 2014

Five Hundred Twenty Five Thousand Six Hundred Minutes

Sophie turned one yesterday. I have a one year old. In some ways, I am amazed at the growth and changes that have taken place in her short life. And at the same time, weren’t all these things expected? It makes me think of the song Seasons of Love from the musical Rent. How do we measure a year?
Arty
I’ve been collecting the bottles from various baby products this last year (not hording, but collecting for future use in crafty projects). Interesting to look at the number of baby powder, soap and hand sanitizer bottles that I now have. In some cases much more than expected, in others (only half a bottle of shampoo used!), much less.
Bottles
Thankfully Sophie’s life is not measured by these things. Even though, I’m now well acquainted with them and will probably always associate them with the first year of her life.

1 comment:

Ronald Ordoñez said...

I love that song! Although I still haven't gotten around to watching the show/movie in its entirety. :-P

If we go by the song and measure a year in the life of someone in terms of love, then Sophie has had a great first year of life. :-) It's fantastic to see so much love she's received this part year from family, friends, church and most important of all her parents.

I wish Sophie many, many more 525,600 minutes of love. :-D