Sunday, November 17, 2013

So I'm pretty exhausted again. Not particularly from doing much, but I thought I'd share with you the story of my life the last few weeks so that you can see I don't do stuff all the time, but get exhausted like normal people anyway. :P

We have had a number of people stop in over the last two weeks and I still have two more people coming in to stay tomorrow. I knew that these three weeks would be nuts, so I spent a large amount of time two weeks ago just chilling.

I watched all of the Lizzy Bennett Diaries on YouTube, which, if you are a Pride and Prejudice fan, is a must. I can't believe I didn't know they existed before now. It was fabulous. A great modern take on the P&P story. The same people are currently making a series called Emma Approved. It is also turning out to be pretty darn good. :)

Fiona came and stayed two Thursdays ago and we had dinner with Sarah and her Steve and Amy. Then the Steve's left and it was us girls. That was so nice. Cannot express how lovely it was to just sit around and chat. So fabulous.

Mum and Dad got back from their five week Europe stint on the Friday, so we all ended up having dinner over there. Sophie spent the day with them and ended up with carpet burns on her knees from all the crawling. Saturday was Steve's birthday and I had brunch with Sarah and Amy (and Sophie) and then Steve and I went to Jame's first birthday, before coming home to have dessert and play games with people. 'Twas fun.

Backstory here; Steve's Mama (grandmother on his Mother's side) passed away the week before, so he took Monday off work to fly to Sydney (and back in one day) for the funeral. Steve's Mum came down on Sunday night to stay with us and I took Steve and Maria to the airport on Monday morning. They came back Monday night and then Maria stayed with us again and we took her to the train station about 10 on Tuesday morning.

Steve had Tuesday off because he was feeling sick. Wednesday, I took another trip to the airport (after my usual early-Steve-drop-off and go to the parents for breakfast before going to Prayer at church) to pick up Steve's other grandparents who were here for a visit. They stayed with us until Saturday. We played a lot of card games together.

I left them at home alone on Friday and went to school to see my grade 12's graduate. It was so nice to see them again. :) Cannot wait to eat Japanese food with them sometime. I wonder if I'm super weird or if becoming Facebook Friends will destroy my image of them, but I think it's worth the risk. I really loved teaching them. Ok, I'll stop gushing now.

I went home via Aunty Chris's and had arvo tea with her. Sophie was getting sick. By Saturday, she had a full blown cold and cough. Poor little girl. Saturday we all went out to John and Aroha's and had lunch together and then the grandparents stayed there (they go back to Sydney on Tuesday) and we went home.

After all that, Steve and I (and Sophie I guess) were so glad to get home and just be here with no one else that after Sophie was in bed, we sat down and watched four episodes of Stargate SG-1 straight with no regrets. We had toasted sandwiches for dinner.

Today, I'm going to go shopping and then we are going to a birthday party (suppling bunting of course :P) and then Steve's on PPT at church and I'm on the dinner crew. Tomorrow, my friend Michiko is flying in from Japan with her friend Yukari and they are staying till Friday morning when they fly to Ayres Rock.

God is good all the time, even when I'm so busy with people that I don't get to sew anything.

1 comment:

MKT said...

Glad to hear you've survived. ^^