Sunday, August 11, 2013



What am I teaching her? In the last week, this thought has been going around and around my head. What am I teaching her? Because, weather I like it or not, just by the simple fact that Sophie gets to spend a lot of everyday with me, I'm teaching her things. I'm teaching her how to walk and talk. I don't have to do anything special, she is learning just by watching me.


And I wonder, what am I teaching her? When I don't eat breakfast until 10:00 some days. Or I leave the washing in the sink. Or instead of putting away my sewing stuff, I just leave it randomly around the house. Is she seeing me make an effort to go for walks and exercise to be healthy? Does she know that we go to church on Sunday because we want to, not because it's the "proper" thing to do?

It's a bit convicting and scary to think of, and the responsibility gets me down sometimes. And I wonder, if Sophie is learning so much from me, just by being around me, how much could I learn from God just by spending time with him? If I got into his Word everyday and took the time to pray, wouldn't I be being influenced in the same way Sophie is?

I think the answer is yes.

No comments: