Tuesday, August 27, 2013

I'm standing in the kitchen to type this for a number of reasons. Firstly, I'm making crepes for dinner tomorrow. I'd have to say though, it's more like failing to make crepes. Turns out I can't make crepes for the life of me, so goodbye to the dream of Salmon Crepes becoming a regular dinner, I think this will be the last time I make crepes. Possibly forever.

Secondly, I've put Sophie to sleep in the living room. I has this spur of the moment idea that it'd be good if she could sleep anywhere - and let's face it, she actually can already, but there is no harm testing and trying the theory. Now she's asleep in there though, I'm wondering if it's ok to sew.... probably. So far I've tried to walk past quietly and managed to trip over the power board (currently powering Sally the Sewing Machine) and run into a chair. Sophie didn't even blink. Win!

That said, I've still got crepes to fail at making, so why not use the time productively and post in the kitchen while I go! I've got some lovely stuffed tomatoes waiting to be popped into the oven for dinner cheering me on here too. Yum!


So today, in any effort to actually finish things before I get carried away starting new things (I have so many work-in-progresses at the moment it's a bit disgusting), I finished another Jeans Quilt top. I've yet to back it, but that will require a trip to Spotlight to procure some fleecy fabric, unless by a miracle it fits the back of the fleecy tiger rug I found under the couch, but I'm not hedging my bets.


I'm not exactly sure what is next on my agenda, that is, after the fail-crepes are made, but I'm sure I'll think of something. Steve's family are coming around this weekend for Harrison's Christening (Nephew Number 2), so maybe I'll tidy up the house.

2 comments:

MKT said...

That all looks awesome! =D

(You haven't made crepes before? =o Well, neither have I..)

Ostinato Seaker said...

I have made crepes before, but they were just as bad this time. Don't think I'll bother trying for third time lucky :P