Saturday, April 20, 2013

Party Chain! 


Thanks to Melissa and Ron and the fabulous book they gave me for my birthday, I've been making party chain. First I cut up a lot of scrap material (thank you box of unending scraps!) into strips of two inches by eight inches (Inches! What is this? Quilting has ruined me I tell you!). Then I sew all the strips together in pairs, and then start the arduous task of turning them inside out. This takes a long time. Steve refused to help me, something about self inflicted pain.... anyway!


This time I ironed the strips flat to make them sit better. I was thinking after I did it (all 114 of them!) that it was a waste of my admittedly-not-so-precious time, but as I started sewing the chain has come together better.


Sewing the chain has to be done with hand sewing, but I like the change of pace. It's nice to just sit and sew... and be watching junk food TV like Buffy the Vampire Slayer. :) 

No comments: