Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Hello, or as they’d say in Japan こんにちわ! (konnichiwa)

Only 2 and a bit weeks to go so the count down is on! I can’t believe that the time has gone by so fast! I have officially finished classes at Uni now, so I’m just hitting the books and learning what I need for the final exams.

It’s a hectic time for everyone on the team, so please pray this week that we continue to have clear minds and focus as we study. Pray that we would work as if working for the Lord, as Paul challenges us in Col. 3 to do.

I’ve also come to realise that as I’m trying to prepare for Megumi, I’m still stuck in my university mentality of study and work. When I go to Japan, this is going to have to be left behind and my focus will need to be the students on campus, and being completely determined to work for God. Please pray that this shift is easy so I can be effective from the moment I am in Japan.

Finally, let’s praise God for everything he has done so far with Mission Megumi!

- Building a team who are dedicated servants of Christ to go and spread his word.
- Enabling us all to attend training to get to know each other and become better equipped to share the gospel in Japan.
- Giving us missionaries who have experienced living and working in Japan before to guide us.
- Gathering together teams of prayerful and financial supporters to encourage us and give us the opportunity to see more of God’s kingdom in this world.
- That our accommodation, flights and finances have all been finalised.
- That he is going to use us to share his message of Love and Hope to the Students at Nagoya East University!

No comments: