Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Update number 2.

Well i'm home from hospitial now which is definatly a step towards recovery. I went in yesterday, they put me in a gown, put me to sleep (i laughed while they jabbed the needle into my are and then shuffled it aroung trying to find a vein before starting again in a different place.) and when i woke up i had a new plast and they were looking after me in recovery.

i got wheeled to my ward where anything i tried to drink (water) just got chucked back up again, so i settled with not having any dinner. Steve came to visit me, as did mum and dad which was nice, but i was still sleepy from the morphine. I had a low blood pressure which they checked every half hour to make sure it was still low, and then when the nurses changed at 12am, they decided to do something about it and my bed was tilted up, a new drip put in and i was encouraged to drink more.

After the night of broken sleep i woke up and ate some breakfast and the talkitive lady in the next bed kept talking to me as i slept and read. Then i was sent down to the physio people who re-mealted my splint and gave it back to me again. Steve came to visit and we sat in the lounge for a while before he left and i went out and got picked up by dad.

All in all, i'm closer to recovery than ever, 2 new screws in my hand and a nice scar on the back. :) in 1 week i go back for physio and i can start using my hand again! yay!

No comments: